Sunday, May 1, 2011

And that's what it's all about...

One of the awesomest friends and moms I know lost her own mother last night and my heart is broken for her. I cannot even imagine a fraction of what she is feeling. If you know her please lift her up in your prayers.

I found this out on my way to church this morning and when I got there the message today was on Heaven. After this we went to a parenting small group we are doing and it was on leaving a legacy through how we raise our children. This has all been swirling around in my head today. I am not going to be here forever. My time is finite, but how we raise these guys is going to be our legacy. I was just talking yesterday about freezing time and enjoying now, but there has got to be some way to balance now while keeping "then" in mind. We have to think about what the future is going to hold for the generations we create but will not be here to meet. We are creating that future now. It's a pretty heady thought. It makes some of the small things seem just that, small. I am trying to get focused on what really matters, like making memories with these little people we've created.

This weekend I left dishes in the sink. I only did enough laundry for everyone to have clean socks and undies. I spent hours at the park and outside doing silly stuff like playing tag and eating popsicles. I am not sure who had more fun, me or the boys. But I do know that they noticed that I was really present. And I had alot more fun than I have had in a while. And you better believe there are gonna be a lot more weekends like this one in my future : )

No comments:

Post a Comment